Re: YES!!

Lue certainly was much more quick and speedy than I'd thought. Of course, I
haven't seen the Flakers much this year. And I agree that the Sixers'
screens were poorly executed and could have been much more effective on Lue.

However, there were several occasions where Lue definitely had ahold of
Iverson's arms, in ways that would draw a flag in the NFL, preventing him
from making any quick moves to open up for a pass. And I can't really blame
Iverson for his comments about Lue. Sure, Lue had done a pretty good job,
but Iverson took exception to the idea that Lue could effectively defend him
on a consistent basis. I really think that whole situation is only serving
to fuel Iverson's determination, and that he will dominate Lue in Game 2
(with a bit of help from Larry Brown's game plan).

And though Mutombo didn't have a "great" game (which would be shutting Shaq
down), I thought he played Shaq the best out of all Shaq's opponents so far.
Shaq still had a bunch of points and rebounds, but for most of the time that
Dikembe was in the game, he frustrated Shaq and kept him from getting on one
of those emotional, dominating rolls that get the crowd so fired up. Sort of
a mental victory, certainly. But it aggravated and exploited the rustiness
the Fakers were already feeling. If Brown hadn't needed to take Mutombo out
for much of the third quarter, the game might not have been as close as it
was.

Despite the prevalent thought that the Lakers may dominate the Sixers from
here on out, I think the Sixers will continue to make life difficult for
L.A., due to their heart and toughness, if nothing else. If the Sixers can
somehow focus on "one game at a time", and blitz the Lakers enough to pull
off another gutty win in Game 2, look out.

It is quite annoying to have to root for the Sixers, but if they can win, it
would be better than watching the Flakers creep ever closer to matching or
surpassing the "Total Championships" record now held by our beloved Celtic
franchise.

Rich D.

P.S. Great draft discussion the last few weeks. Appreciate all the research
and input by everyone.