Re: Celtics talking to Jordan, Wizards about No. 1 pick

> J. Hironaka said:

> >At 09:48 05/06/01 -0400, Berry, Mark  S wrote:
> > >This is from SportsTalk.
> >
> > >There is plenty of talent in this year's draft.  And Jordan wants none of
> > >it with the number one pick. It appears unlikely that the Cavs and
> > >Grizzlies will part with Miller or Bibby, and the Wizards are now talking
> > >with several teams about trading the number one pick in an attempt to get
> > >two mid to late lottery picks instead.
> >
> > Vancouver wouldn't want to trade Bibby for a number one overall pick?? This
> > already makes me suspicious about the credibility of SportsTalk...

Why? Bibby is a terrific point guard. One of the best young
PGs in the game.  And Vancouver has Shareef and Swift,
so they're set at the forward positions, lessening the need
for a Griffin or Kwame B.  Take Curry you could argue:
Too iffy at this moment and the Grizz already have a
lumpy center. So, I can see where the Grizzlies desire
for the first pick wouldn't be overwhelming.

> > >Another league source told sportsTALK that Jordan has also had preliminary
> > >conversations with the New Jersey Nets that would send Richard Hamilton to
> > >the Nets for their 7th pick in the draft and a Nets future number one pick.
> >
> > Whoa, NJ Nets management feels Rip Hamilton is worth a 7th pick and a
> > future lottery pick?

Ri[p Hamilton's a very good player. Needs a little work on defense,
but he can score. Just points out what a boo boo not taking Courtney
was, as his presence frees up Hamilton to be dealt.

> I guess whenever you hear the phrase "league source"
> > on an Internet rumor site, it deserves the same credibility as a Will
> > McDonough prediction. If Jordan pulls off these trades, I might actually
> > start believing all the conspiracy theorists.
> >
> > I do agree, however, that the Celtics should at least explore Jordan's
> > supposed interest in trading down to get Jamaal Tinsley. As much a slam
> > dunk, no brainer this #10-11 in exchange for #1 overall is from Boston's
> > perspective, it is no less ridiculous a scenario than the other ones
> > suggested above IMO.

The C's need to have Auerbach meet with Jordan and
close the deal. Pronto! Maybe Jordan is affected
by Pitino disease and will try too hard to make the Wizards
an instant winner, causing mistakes to be made.
Ray