More on the draft and Kenny for Coleman from Sam Smith

A couple of new items here, most notable the possibility that Diop is
dropping to the end of the lottery. White, Richardson and Gasol are moving
up. I've been mulling over the Peter May story from yesterday and my
approval depends on my faith in Chris Wallace. If Gasol is the real
deal-because let's face it; none of us have any idea-then you make that
trade. If he's that good, and Wallace is convinced of it, then you trade
those picks to move up and get him. If he's that good, then he's better than
any two players you get at 10 and 11. But it all comes down to trusting
Chris Wallace. What's going to be interesting is what else is involved in
any deal. It's sounding more and more like the Celts will need to get to 4
to land Gasol, and if that's the case, do you do the Walker-picks for
Brand-picks deal? If Gasol is there at 6, do you do Walker-picks for
Bibby-picks? I don't know, but if Gasol is as good as Wallace seems to think
he is, then I applaud him for being aggressive in going after him. I've said
all along I'd trade up for Kwame Brown or Eddy Curry (maybe even Eddie
Griffin), but maybe Gasol is in that class.

On the Kenny-Coleman trade. I think I'd do this just on the principle that a
bad big man is a lot easier to trade than a bad little man. Plus, if you get
anything out of either guy, then the stuff you get from Coleman is more
needed on this team. I say that because my memory hasn't faded so much that
I don't remember the negative impact Kenny had on the Celts when he was on
the court last year. Anyone who believes next year he'd suddenly become
"Kenny Anderson!" is kidding themselves. But forget about any sweetener from
Charlotte. I'm guessing it's Coleman-for-Kenny, take it or leave it. It
wasn't long ago, remember, that Larry Brown was trying to get his hands on
Coleman. Coaches see that size and skill and they all think "I can change
him." I don't think anyone will say that about Kenny.

Here's the word from Smith:

The latest draft grapevine says there is increased interest in two athletic
collegians, forward Rodney White of Charlotte and guard Jason Richardson of
Michigan State. High school center DeSagana Diop, who hasn't worked out
because of injury, is said to be falling, perhaps to the end of the lottery.

But watch out, Bulls fans. Moving up in scouts' minds is 7-foot-1-inch
Spaniard Pao Gasol, described as a cross between Toni Kukoc and Dirk
Nowitzki, and the Bulls are in the market for an offensive small forward.

Also among trade talk, the Hornets and Celtics might swap former Nets
Derrick Coleman and Kenny Anderson. Heat coach and President Pat Riley has
been sending signals to Tim Hardaway to look for another team. Are the Bulls
listening?