Hakeem-Croshere-Vitaly?

Peter Vecsey reports the Pacers were close to landing Hakeem Olajuwon by
sending Austin Croshere to Boston, while the Celts would send Vitaly to
Houston. Hakeem would go to Indy in a sign-and-trade for around $7 mil.
Another attempt to downsize the Celtics thwarted. Too bad... we really could
have used another 3-point shooting forward.

Actually, I like Croshere's game, and think he's better than he showed last
year (but not as good as he looked in the Finals against the Lakers). I
don't know where he'd get minutes for the Celts, considering Antoine will
play 40 mpg as the defensive power forward (don't get me started...).
Anyway, thought it was an interesting nugget during this dry spell.

Mark