Re: national TV exposure

--- You wrote:
       You reveal a key in your presentation
when you wonder why the Knicks get so much time.  Lessee.  NY is the biggest
media market in the country.  LA is second.
     Seems to me that the indicators would be (1) size of media market, (2)
number of marketable stars, and (3) record in the last year or so.  Note that
the Lakers lead in all 3 categories...
  --- end of quote ---

I can understand LA (yet still resent it). But the Knicks lead only in one of
those categories - their record is so-so, and they didn't make it out of the
first round. More importantly, they are a deathly boring team to watch, and
they have no marketable stars, unless you count the smooth but boring Houston,
and the Oakland Strangler (I don't). Chuck's right about the Knicks, and
apparently Turner agrees, as they have fewer games on TBS/TNT than you'd expect
from their record. But does NBC make up for it or what! 11 games, same as LA
and Philly.

--- You wrote:
and, in fairness to the media moguls,
the Celtics are a bad team, in a medium market, and have no real marketable
stars at this time.  Pierce could become one, Walker never will.
  --- end of quote ---

Walker could if the team won and he toned down his jerk act. Iverson was
thought to be unmarketable (at least to white fans), too.

--- You wrote:
It also seems to me that this is a fine time of year in Hanover to be
outside, away from your computer!
  --- end of quote ---

Just trying to stir up some discussion in this dead time of the year...

Kestas