Re: Looks Like Portland Got The Steal Of The Draft

excuse me, could somebody help to explain "sick ups"? i don't
understand no american slang, you see.

kevin

====================
http://espn.go.com/nba/columns/aldridge/1229287.html

Boston Celtics: No question, first-round pick Kedrick Brown has sick
ups. But fellow rookie Joe Johnson looks like a special one. Not only
does he shoot it from 3-point range with ease, he's a deadly passer in
transition. Imagine Paul Pierce on one side, Antoine Walker at the top
of the key, Johnson on the other side and Brown in the low post to
clean up, and you see what the C's think they'll be next season: the
Mavericks of the Eastern Conference.

And, by the way, Boston is serious about playing Walker at point guard
next season. "That's not a gimmick," coach Jim O'Brien said. "From the
first time I saw Antoine as a rising junior at Mt. Carmel (Il.) High,
he was playing in the summer camp, and he was playing point. And I was
just astounded by his ballhandling capabilities. The difficulty is if
we're going to go with him at the point, then we want to go with the
big team ... but somebody's got to play the other team's point
guards."