re: power forward backup

> From: "Ravi Singh" <kelticsfan@home.com>

> I would suspect it would be some combination of McCarty, E.Williams,
> Battie,
> Blount and Potapenko discounting any trades.

Good job covering all the bases, as I think you mentioned everyone on the
team (other than Walker and Moiso) who's 6'8" or taller and not named "Joe
Johnson".

I would scare me greatly if E. WIlliams got minutes at the 4 -- but it's
happened before.  I just don't buy him at that position, but then, I don't
buy him as some great defensive force, either, though he was talked up
that way last year.

I suspect McCarty and Moiso will get the limited minutes at backup power
forward, but then Obie could surprise me and use a combo of V/Battie or
Battie/Blount or Blount/V at the 4/5, too.  One of the things to consider
is whether there will be any significant minutes at the 4 throughout the
season.  Even if Walker plays the "point" does this mean he will actually
be slotted in at the 1 on offense, or merely run the offense while playing
power forward?  If the latter, then there'll probably only be 4-5 minutes
a game for some other forward to play at the 4.  My personal preference
would be to play one of the centers there: neither McCarty nor Moiso
impress me much at all.

(The Celtic "Tird",
  Celticus "tirdius")