More game thoughts

Really enjoyed watching the game last night. I don't think the crowd was
inflated b/c of a possible MJ sighting...I think the Boston area is
legitimately enthused with the new Celtics and the prospects of next years
team. My thoughts on the action:

-Khalid El-Amin looked great. He has great instincts and offensive ability.
He can break down the defense easily and can finish with a variety of shots.
I did want him to dish the ball off a couple of times though, particularly
since he won't be with the team next year and I wanted our players to get
shots. However, I don't think this guy is as good as he looked last night.
He was cut from a Bulls team that won all of 15 games last year. One
position that usually excels at summer league play is point guard. I know
Chris Herren and Rick Brunson both had amazing games in summer play last
year.

-Milt Palacio was not nearly as impressive. But I would still take him over
El-Amin. His size and defense looked great. He missed a lot of wide open
shots, but they were mainly 3s. I think his range is still 18 feet and in.
He hit an 18 footer and his free throws looked good. He had a nice open
court dish to Moiso after commiting himself by jumping in the air. He still
needs lots of polish.

-Joe Johnson has polish to spare however. This guy could be our starter at
the 3 on opening night. He has a nice shot, handles and defense. Some really
impressive steals. He also had a couple of great passes. He will quickly
become a fan favorite.

-Kedrick Brown is already a fan favorite. He made the crowd ooh and ahh on a
rebound and a block attempt. My favorite play of the night was the pump fake
and pop. He could have taken it all the way in for the emphatic dunk, but
took the 15 footer. No doubt he could dunk on AJ Bramlett but maybe not over
Dikembe once he gets into the league. That play showed smarts and skills.
His 3's were really off though.

-Joe Forte did some good things tonight. He was unselfish and always around
the ball. I'm not worried about this kid at all. I think he is a sure thing
to provide good solid play off the bench. But not starter material...just
too small.

-Mark Blount was a beast. He was really hyped and had a bunch of strong
rejections. I couldn't believe he only got credit for 2 blocks. Watching the
game I thought he had 5 or 6. Got some good rebounds too, but still commits
himself to blocked shots and leaves his man for the offensive rebound often.
Still no offense to speak of. He is improving though.

-Jerome Moiso...don't know what to say that hasn't been said already.
Tantalizing potential. No results. The guy is so loooooong and agile, but
dribbles the ball off his foot, drops passes and gets pushed around. I
thought he had a couple nice blocks that were called fouls. He didn't get in
the post at all.

I think Mark mentioned something about the rims being tight. I defintely
agree, a bunch of shots looked good but the rims kicked them out. It had to
be bottom to go in. I hope Red makes the rims in the FleetCenter nice and
soft since we are trying to become a run and gun offensive powerhouse.

Rohan