Re: Palacio and Griffin

--- You wrote:
As long as I brought up Bryant Stith, does anyone else wonder why they prefer
him to Adrian Griffin?
--- end of quote ---

I did wonder about that, but I think we all know the answer: athleticism and
offense. I like "Old School" a lot, but even I at times last season was miffed
at his outright reluctance to shoot the ball, especially when we were dying on
offense with Pierce/Walker on the bench or having an off night. And he looked
slow last season, no doubt because of the injuries, but the perception was
damaging to his chances of re-signing with us, injuries or not. It's a shame
that they're not showing patience with him, because, as you said, he's IMO a
more valuable player to us than Stith because of his complementary qualities.
I'd guess that they're offering Stith a one-year contract for $4-5M, but I
still have this irrational fear (especially after the Palacio signing) that
they'll make an anouncement shortly that Stith just signed a $38M, five-year
contract with the Celtics. Just when I start thinking that we finally have
someone sane at the controls of this franchise...
Kestas