Re: 7mil for Palacio.....!

<< well, yeah...was it for a 7th game of a championship series???  If it was,
then give him 7 million per year... but it's just a single regular season
game...and against a lowly Nets team...for pete's sake!

Anyways, I like Milt...a lot...but 7 mill bucks for 2 years is kinda a lot
for a back up...Jaims >>

As a point of reference,  Anthony Carter agreed to a 3-year, $12 M contract
with the Heat yesterday and his numbers are about the same as Palacio's.

To Joe Hironaka's point, Milt is "only" getting a raise equal to 10 times his
(prorated) salary last year. ;-).  Seriously, the C's are sending a clear
message to Kenny Anderson here with this signing. The kid played hard,
deserved to rewarded for his hard work (although I personally wouldn't have
offered him quite this high a contract but perhaps that is what the market
would bear), and Milt will be getting "Southpark" 's minutes unless he (Kenny
AKA "Southpark") gets his head out of his ass and gets his act together. I
also wonder if there might be something going on in terms of discussions to
get Randy Brown to move over on the bench to an assistant coaching position
to join Dick Harter and Kevin (?) Willard.