Re: Celtics Notebook

At 08:36 16/07/01 -0400, Francis Hsu wrote:
>The Boston Herald Celtics Notebook for 7/16 has some good info:
>1) C's want to avoid adding more young men, and are considering adding
>    a veteran big man.

Hi Francis:
Specifically, the article seemed to say only that Wallace might look to add
a veteran big man IF someone got hurt.

On another note, it is a relief to hear Pierce may be signed and sealed
this summer even if it is at the max.

If Bryant Stith can be brought in on a cheap one year deal, I'm even more
hopeful of the Celtics chances to play at or near .500 ball in the first
half of the year, and possibly better thereafter. I prefer he signs for
only one year at 4.5 million rather than two years for less, in the hope
that he won't be needed after this year with Kedrick and Joe Johnson on board.

p.s. I'm kind of surprised there isn't much mention of Forte getting
minutes at the point.