Re: AW - late bloomer or peaked?

I think how a player performs has to do with whether he WANTS TO PLAY
FOR the coach. Talent and ability can only take you so far (see JR
Rider), players got to be properly motivated (some called it babying)
to maximise all those God given skills.

I think Antione's first 2 years in the nba , under ML Carr, was a
"licensed to thrill", as he played all 5 positions. I think it was a
"you have my blessings to do what you want" from ML, with management
knowingly tanking to get Duncan.

Under Pitino for the next 3 years, Antione was playing as instructed,
like a robot.
(I know from experience working under such "authoritian" boss, you are
damned if you do as instructed but failed, and damned if you excersied
a little of discretion - meaning not following 100% on given
instructions. That's the only way I can explain the weird substitution
management of Pitino)

I think to Antione, OB's (and in a way Wallace and management) way or
methods is a breath of fresh air as compared to the (lost) 3 seasons
under slick Rick. It was evident from the way Antione conducted
himself with "we want to make the playoffs" chase, since OB called the
shots.

To all the Antione bashers - we need to give Antione 01/02 season to
*prove* himself. We will see if AW is the *real* deal or as Wallace
said a *phoney*.