Re: interesting NBA notes

My last post reads a little harsh.  I do not mean to imply any disrespect to Joe personally.

I stand by my remarks about the players making too much money for what they do, IMO.  I don't blame THEM though.  I've never turned down a raise.  That doesn't mean that I believe they should earn that kind of money for what they do.  But I think the same about actors as well.

As far as the tongue-in-cheek remark about the US Star Wars plan, well turn about is fair play.  Joe likes his little digs at Bush and he is welcome to make them, free speech and all.  I know Joe isn't a policy maker there so my remark was not meant to imply that he was in any way responsible for the failure of the organization. Having lived next to the UN in New York for many years I lost all respect for it and it's so called "leadership" a long time ago.

Anyway I just wanted to clear up any misunderstanding and apologize if I offended Joe today.

<Jim