The real problem (was Re: Point Guard)

On Tue, 10 Jul 2001, Tom Titus wrote:

> he is not a fst break creator & cannot operate to his right with any efficiency. If he were 6'5' or so, he would be a wonderful 2-man.

Kenny isn't the Celt's big problem, I think the key will always be
rebounding, and lack of a workhorse post threat (Although those two
lines above sum up Kenny in the pro's IMO).

Kenny, or Forte or even El-Amin can be as effective as the starting
championship pg's over the last 11 years:
John Paxon,BJ Armstrong,Ron Harper,Kenny Smith,Avery Johnson,Derek Fisher

See?  No need to complain too much about the PG pos.  The common factor
for those champions (and also the 80's C's) is having one player who'd
post up and score nearly automatic baskets many times every game.  It's
like shotblocking/changing shots: when it comes to winning, you can't put
a price on the importance of scoring so efficiently in the paint.

I'm certain it will snow in Arizona before Walker shoots a legit 2pt
fg % for a season(5 straight years, never above .430), or plays
championship PF defense.  So even though I'm a fan of our captains, if it
takes one of them to someday get an assassin down low, like Duncan or
Rasheed(5 straight years, never below .500 ...wow...), then do it.

Maybe that's why the C's were dying to do the Jermaine Oneal + 1 Blazer
pick for 3 Celtic picks, trade last year.  Just for fun...  I'm curious
if the trade had gone down, would anyone be satisfied with:

J. Oneal + Eric Barkley   over    Moiso + J. Johnson + K. Brown   ?