Duncan as center

At 05:44 PM 7/10/2001 +0200, j.hironaka wrote:
>Please happen!! I think the Spurs just might give the LA pink triangle
>offense fits with that lineup. Duncan will have his hands full, but Webber
>should cause major matchup problems for LA.

I've wondered about the "let's plan for Duncan to be our saviour at center
in 2 years" plan -- Tim Duncan is not a center.  Robinson is the center in
San Antonio. I don't know that Duncan would want to be a full-time center,
either, even in the Eastern Conference. I would love to land him, of
course, but I wouldn't expect him to plug in at the 5 spot for 40 minutes a
night.  This goes back to our ongoing funny predicament of Antoine at the 4.

I have a great feeling about Kedrick Brown. I think he was a steal, and
will be solidly ensconced in the Cs lineup for a long time. Forte second --
I think he can be a successful and versatile NBA guard, giving us a
microwave and flexibility in the backcourt.  Joe Johnson -- well for some
reason, I'm just not getting a good vibe on that -- I don't see him being a
wild success in a Boston uniform. Don't know why  - just  a feeling.

I can't wait to see El-Amin on our summer team.  I always loved watching
him at UConn. He's built like Sherman Douglas, but he has more swagger (and
talent, I think).

  --Ellie