Re: Bulpett C-notes

Some interesting stuff in here. Croshere would have been a nice addition to
the Celts' frontcourt at a low cost if we're talking 21 and Eric Williams or
something like that. Probably not the first or last move the Celts will turn
down because of payroll concerns.

Khalid El-Amin seems like a good roll-the-dice guy. He'll have to be awfully
good to earn a spot, unless Kenny or Randy Brown are traded or Brown
retires. Palacio is a lock, and I'll be shocked if they waive a guaranteed
contract. They won't carry more than three point guards.

On Adrian Griffin... if the Celts are so determined to keep a veteran
swingman (aren't Pierce and E.Williams veterans?) around when there really
isn't any room, then why not Griffin instead of Stith or Carr? I mean, he's
cheaper, and when healthy he does many, many more things than either of the
other two. He seems like a good team guy. I know O'Brien is putting a
premium on shooters, but don't we have enough? Isn't there a place for a guy
who rebounds, plays defense and makes every hustle play? Are we deliberately
trying to become the worst rebounding team in the NBA?

One more thing on the subject of rebounding... I found this item from the
"Red Auerbach formula for winning" (posted by CeltsSteve) especially
interesting, and hope Red mentions it in passing to Wallace and O'Brien....
"The starting power forward and center positions combined for between 23 and
33 rebounds per game (In 27 of 30 years)."  Walker and whoever starts among
Vitaly/Battie/Blount, average, what? 14, 15 rebounds a game? Pathetic. The
Celts really upgraded their overall talent level, but until they get bigger
and better up front, winning still is going to be a struggle.

Mark