re: haywood

I read that all rookies must be signed (or an offer tendered) by 15
July, otherwise the team lose their rights (or the rook becomes a FA).

If Orlando cuts or renouces Haywood, then the NBA should take back the
Executive-of-Year Award from Pat Gabriel - Orlando GM (or is it Peter
Gabriel? or Pat Williams? or Peter Williams? I'm having a mental
block!).

My argument is they could have traded Doleac for  a FUTURE 1st rounder
or could trade now Haywood for a FUTURE 1st rounder or at worst case a
FUTURE 2nd round pick, to have cap space. Why cut him now when all you
really save is $875,000 from the cap?

So I don't think Orlando is thinking of cutting Haywood. But I agree,
if they want Josip, give it to them.