RE: [Celtic_Pride] Re: Is Mr. Ripley in the house?

Toine and Pierce didn't do a torpedo job on Pitino. RP was responsible for his own failure because of his inflexibility to adjust his schemes to the NBA. The zone defense that RP played was never destined to be successful, in fact he was told that by fairly knowledgable basketball people when he took the job.

I thought that he would know what to do, when he finds out his stuff wasn't working. He proved to be totally inflexible  and continued blaming the failure of his schemes on inability of players to play defense, atheleticism etc. He made some terrible trades that really pissed me off specially Billups and Mercer (I still hope OB we get Mercer back..we really need a third scorer and Stith is not cutting it). I laugh at all the news he has managed to generate since his resignation. I see him as one who is more skilled at manipulating the media to his advantage. He is the worst thing that could have ever happened to the Boston Celtics. - Mishra

  "Berry, Mark S" <berrym@BATTELLE.ORG> wrote:

I'm still disgusted by the torpedo job Toine and Pierce pulled on Pitino
earlier this season, but I'll enjoy the good times while they last. I do,
however, hope neither of them are rewarded with all-star selections today,
because I hate the message that would send. These last 10 games aren't
enough to make me forget the way they conducted themselves earlier.

Mark

Do You Yahoo!?
- Get personalized email addresses from Yahoo! Mail Personal Address - only $35 a year!