Re: Is Mr. Ripley in the house?

Good point, Jim.  On another note, Antoine seems to have gone back to his
chest thumpin, walker-wigglin, trash talkin' ways.  Could be a double
edged sword.  He is a high energy player who was very contained in the
first 20 games of the season.  While he was being "polite", the Cs were
losing handily.  If the Cs start winning, will he be perceived aas more of
a punk?

On Tue, 30 Jan 2001, Jim Metz wrote:

>    I can't beleive no one has mentioned this in the papers. The true turning
> point in the game came, when after a big Blount rejection and lots of chest
> bumping and posturing, Antoine blocked the next shot in the same
> overdramatic fashion coming across the baseline, to make Tommy Heinsohn wet
> his pants. I don't think anyone in Boston has seen Walker go up like that
> and with so much aggression to swat a shot out of bounds. Unlike Blount's
> block, this one went out of bounds off of a Piston and we regained
> possesion, during a time in the game when another Piston basket might have
> sunk us.
>    This sequence took place right after Walker's first technical (I seem to
> remember), and the ref's seemed intent to "put us in our place." The block
> by Antoine dissolved all of that energy and really lit  a fire under the
> team.
> --
>
>      Unchain My Heart!

	  Dave Wickerham