Re: C's vs. Suns (was Re: Don't sweat it Jeff)

Cecil wrote:

>Pitino also wanted Rodney Rogers, so watching him coming off the bench is
>such an extraordinary manner is painful as well.

Yeah.  The Battie for Rogers deal was one where I didn't care for it
at the time, but a short time later, felt the exact opposite.  Pitino
would get blamed for all the moves that were "bad" that he didn't
pull off, but no credit for ones like these: good ones that didn't
happen, either.

>If we are going to play the Suns, with Kidd in lineup, I would rather it be
>when we are rested and he hasn't picked up a ball in a few days.

True, but I could Kidd returning going one of two ways: he's got
something to prove and plays well, or he's got a lot on his mind and
plays poorly.  Who knows?  Of course, neither is exclusive: he could
have a lot on his mind and still play well, too.  I just want
whatever gives the C's the edge in order to pull down the W.

>Has there been any recent update on Battie?

This all I know.  From the Herald:

"In other Celtic injury news, Chris Herren (right shoulder surgery)
has passed Tony Battie (sprained left ankle) in the race to active
duty.

``Tony is probably not going to be back until somewhere in the third week of
  February,'' O'Brien said. ``He's not going to be back right after
the All-Star break, so somewhere around Feb. 22 or 23 (in Dallas or
San Antonio at the end of the Celtics seven-game post-All-Star trip)
is the date that Ed (Lacerte, the trainer) and I have talked about
that is a realistic shot for him to be back."

They expect Herren back before the All-Star Game, if I remember correctly, too.

Regards,

The Celtic "Tird"