Re: Toine's lack of finesse

>From: jeff_chin@notes.teradyne.com
>
>Cecil,
>
>WTF!?  Do you only read 1 sentence of my post?  Wait, do you even know how
>to read?  I have said nothing contrary to your friggen' (probably
>prefabricated) larry bird quote.  Send me a larry quote that says "Walker
>is the best low post player in the nba and never gets swatted" if you want
>to debate with me.  Sheesh.  And stop writing to me and keep your goddamn
>posts on the lists.
>
>If only you knew how to read and comprehend an argument and didn't use
>sarcasm to put down others because of the lack of your communication
>skills.

Hey Jeff, maybe you should, in the parlance of the times, check
yourself before you go checking other folks.  You attack Cecil for
using sarcasm (an appropriate and often effective rhetorical
technique, btw), while accusing him of lying ("probably
prefabricated"), being unable to read ("do you even know how to
read?"), writing to you and not the list (learn to read a "To:" line,
why dontcha?), and not being able to "read or comprehend an argument".

To this outsider, it is you who do not seem to comprehend Cecil's
argument, while he is doing you the service of understanding yours.
You make a few interesting points (one or two, I think) buried in the
hyperbole of outlandish statements like Walker's game is analogous to
a 10-year old's, etc, but it's hard to take you seriously when you
say things like "Scrubs like
Alphonso Ellis and Austin Croshere have had numerous blocks on him.  Not to
mention Charles Oakley and Anthony Mason."  None of these players
"have had numerous blocks on him" that I know of.  If you think they
have, I'm sure you'll come up with some numbers to back your
assertion up.

Longtime Listers will remember that two of my pet peeves (among too
many, I'll admit) are people coming in here and baselessly attacking
respected, longtime posters, and those who throw around words like
"debate" "argument" and "comprehension" without really knowing what
they mean, in that they do not show the ability to put into practice
any of those terms.  You, to my mind, have done both.
Congratulations.

Regards,

The Celtic "Tird"