Interesting gossip

Damn we should be able to do better than this for Bibby. Maybe it can happen with Pitino gone. Walker( , Anderson and the picks for Bibby, Rahim and Harrington.

Bibby for Miller?  Speaking  of the Grizzlies, the Orlando Sentinel reported that the Vancouver Grizzlies have been dangling third-year point guard Mike Bibby around the Eastern Conference, waiting to see where the bidding goes and looking for a good, young player and draft picks in return. The Magic have both to offer and may be willing to part with Mike Miller and draft picks in return for Bibby. Because of the physical pounding he is taking now, Darrell Armstrong, 32, more than likely will start to lose a step next season. He could prolong his career by returning to the role of spark-plug backup to Bibby. Grizzlies Rant | Magic Rant

Pitino would've tangled the Nets too - According to the Star-Ledger: The extended fall of Rick Pitino, who resigned as coach, GM and president of the Celtics last week, begs an interesting question: Would the Nets be better off if Pitino had become coach and executive VP of the Nets?  Before New Jersey hired John Calipari in 1996, they offered the job to Pitino and he accepted. But before signing, Pitino left on a trip to Ireland organized by Kentucky boosters. That was the last the Nets saw of him. 'We had a date picked for a press conference,' said Michael Rowe, who, as team president, conducted negotiations with Pitino. Rowe is now a Nets consultant. While Pitino had complete control over the Celtics, he wasn't going to have as much power with the Nets. Rowe was to remain president while Pitino handled the basketball side with a GM reporting to him. The pressure wouldn't have been as great, so perhaps it would have slowed the frenetic pace at which Pitino poorly overhauled and then constantly tinkered with his roster. Celtics Rant - Nets Rant

Fortson pegs Pitino as Celtics culprit - According to the Boston Herald: The Warriors always wondered why the Celtics were so intent to ship off Danny Forston despite his obvious talents. The main reason stated by then-coach Rick Pitino was he simply couldn't guarantee Fortson the minutes he craved. But the 6-foot-8 forward suspects a specific incident last season had something to do with it. In an infamous blowout loss to the Magic, the Celts argued openly on the bench, and it was Fortson who raised his voice with Pitino. ``You never know. It could be,'' said Fortson, leading the NBA in rebounding after six games (16.3 per game) until the stress fracture in his right foot that cost him two months last season needed further surgery. ``At that point, everybody was frustrated with losing, and I'm sitting on the bench and I know I can go out there and get 20 rebounds or something to help the team, of course I'll feel a little upset. Everybody got into it that night, it wasn't just me. I know I'm one of the best power forwards out there, given a chance to play and do what I can do. And I'm not the kind of person who's going to let somebody tell me or try to make me believe that I really can't play or something.'' Pitino felt the Celts couldn't play Antoine Walker at small forward, undermining Fortson's chances for consistent playing time. Celtics Rant - Warriors Rant

GIF image