Trade rumors ?

Krause Trying to Save Sinking Bulls  According to the Daily Southtown, Bulls operations chief Jerry Krause has had serious talks with several teams, including Detroit, Philadelphia and Vancouver, in an effort to acquire a proven scorer and a mobile big man before next month's NBA trade deadline. The principal names in the discussions with Detroit were Chucky Atkins and Joe Smith of the Pistons, and Ron Artest, Corey Benjamin, Marcus Fizer and Brad Miller of the Bulls. The Grizzlies would like to acquire a first-round draft pick in a deal that includes center Bryant Reeves and his six-year, $65 million contract. The Bulls are one of the few teams that could meet their demands. Bulls Rant | Pistons Rant | Bulls Rant

Wolves Would Love to Get Claws on Payton According to the Minneapolis Star Tribune, Flip Saunders remains an unabashed fan of Gary Payton and the Wolves may just try to put something together to go after Payton. Still at this point it remains only speculation.'I never comment when I make calls, who I call or when I call. I can't comment on guys who are under contract with somebody,' Wolves coach Flip Saunders said Friday.'But if you're asking me if I talked to Wally Walker or called him, no.' A Terrell Brandon-for-Payton swap would work financially, if Minnesota included another player or two. Under the collective bargaining agreement, if teams are over the salary cap -- which both are -- the salary for one team can't be more than 115 percent, plus $100,000, of what it gets in return. Brandon is making $8.3 million this season. Payton is making $12.2 million. However, a source within the Sonics told NBAtalk yesterday that there was NO WAY the Sonics would trade Payton for Brandon.  The source said that IF the Sonics decided to trade Payton, and they are no where close to making that decision, it wouldn't be for an overpaid point guard who, unlike Payton who missed only the third game of his career with the suspension, is hurt all of the time. Meanwhile, according to the Seattle Times, Gary Payton's public remarks yesterday conveying contrition convinced the Sonics to limit his suspension to one game, but Sonic Coach Nate McMillan turned down the player's request to address the team before last night's game. McMillan saw Payton's gesture as a positive sign and strongly considered the request. 'I understood where he was coming from,' McMillan said. 'I felt that it was probably some good if I was to allow that to happen. But ... as I thought about it, I felt that we had to keep the suspension the way it was. He will be at practice tomorrow (Saturday), and he can address the team then.  I expect things to be back to normal tomorrow.' Sonics Rant | T-Wolves Rant

Olowkandi Drawing Interest  According to the LA Daily News, the Clippers are receiving a ton of trade calls. 'A lot of teams are interested in (center) Michael (Olowokandi),' Elgin Baylor said. 'A lot of teams would like to have Michael as well as our rookies and other players on this team, too. There are a lot of players on this team that other teams would like to have but what are we going to get in return? Is it going to be beneficial to us? Is it going to make us better? Is it a better player? All these things come into play.' Then Baylor rambled on asking and answering his own questions. 'Are we interested in trading Michael?' Baylor asked. 'Are they going to give us Shaq (O'Neal) for him? Why are we interested in trading Michael? No, we're not interested in trading Michael.' Clippers Rant

Jackson a Restricted Free Agent  According to the SF Chronicle, the league ended the confusion surrounding Marc Jackson yesterday, ruling that the Warriors' center is eligible to become a restricted free agent July . he will be a restricted free agent as long as the Warriors make him a qualifying offer at any time from the day after the season to June 30. Once the Warriors extend such an offer, they secure the right to match another team's offer sheet up to the league's average salary, which is expected to increase from the current figure of $3.92 million Warriors Rant

GIF image