Re: boston fans

----- Original Message -----
From: "OzerskyJA" <OzerskyJA@cmog.org>

> I don't think the Boston fans even rank with Chicago fans at this point.
> The great Boston crowds where working class sports fans, fanatics whose
> whole lives had been consumed with Celtics basketball.  Celtics fans at
> today's
> fleet center are bored yuppies mixed in with some old-timers.  As a whole,
> they
> are uninformed and lethargic.  They're certainly not as on the ball as
> Knicks fans.
> The BSG, a lifelong game attendee thinks they're down in the very bottom
> tier
> of NBA fans, and based on my visits to the Fleet center I'd agree.  It
> doesn't have
> anything to do with booing.  Just listen to what they say, and how stupid
> they are.

I'd have to agree with the point about Knicks fans. Although at MSG they
have their fare share of corporate attendees, the fans there had pretty good
basketball understanding. It was pretty intimidating to be in a hostile, yet
educated environment. It certainly added a hell of a lot to the atmosphere.
Alas, though I can't compare this to Celtic crowds, as I've yet to attend a
game in Boston. I can however compare a Knick crowd to a Nets crowd - now
that's just damn funny. They have crowd cheering "samples" playing over the
PA system to make it at least sound like someone cares.

Just my 2 pence,

Simon
Ulcerate - dark alternative project
http://mp3.com/ulcerate