Re: Antoine vs. Kings

Cecil asked me:

>Why would those comments be silly Jim?  There are far too many people who
>make fun of Toine for everything from his conditioning, to his choice of
>friends, to his loyalty, to his shot selection, to his ballhogging, etc.

But in the past three years all of these things have been true (except the
friends and loyalty points you bring up)

>My opinion, which I have stated many times, is that the effort has been
>there all along, including most games with Pitino at the helm this year.
>Effort is not the problem.  Shot selection, however, is a different story.

I define effort in putting forth what is needed to the best of your ability.

Shot selection would be part of that definition as would conditioning,
rebounding etc...

I think that Walker has done what is best for Walker, regardless of team
needs.  (It does have to p*ss him off when VP misses an open layup and just
makes him want to shoot it himself)

But it is now "P/P", Post Pitino.  I have discarded the past lapses with all
players and look forward to judging them anew.

As someone else mentioned, OB is coaching them NBA style.  Lets see where
that leads these guys.  So far I like what I see.  Looking forward to Herren
getting back.

<Jim