Re: Walker's game

On Wed, 17 Jan 2001 09:00:10 -0500, "Robert Chin" <bobchin@shore.net> wrote:

>>Sorry Kev, but with all due respect, Antoine's priorities are to be the man
>>and to win on his terms.  Every player wants to win.  That is a given, and
>>if they didn't want to win, they shouldn't be in the league to begin with.
>>He is an extremely selfish ball player.  DC was very selfish too.

I don't disagree that AW is a selfish player - at the moment. I am still holding
out hope OB (or later Larry Bird or whoever) will be able to "re-educate" him. I
think (and hope) that AW's selfish mode was due to "trying to carry the team all
by himself", rather than to pad his stats (what for? I already got the max) and
most importantly I think - it was incalcate (wrongly) into his mind by Pitino that
he could do no wrong on court with his shot-selection, etc, etc.

I don't agree that "every player wants to win. that's a given" I think not all are
like that. Some are more like "he embarassed me (by dropping some many points on
me the last game), now i am going to bust his butt (not in the Camby way). That
kind of attitude.

And some players' priorities are with records and movies and sponsors, etc, etc.