Re: McDonough: Gaston Hates Larry

At 10:44 1/13/2001 -0500, you wrote:
>Yes, I would!  How's it any worse than hiring someone like Pitino to run the
>operation?  I look at it this way.  This franchise is in serious trouble
>without someone like Bird getting involved.  The fans have given up.  No one
>is going to the games.  No one is watching.

That reminds of the famous saying by Yogi Berra: "No one goes there
anymore, it's too crowded"  :)

>By the way, I caught some of the replay last night before hitting the hay.
>I found it hard to believe that they were on their way to a rout.  I
>certainly didn't notice the reported (on this list) sight of Antoine heaving
>up three's from the start.

It's not surprising, given that the reporter (Ryan Lee) seems to have an
irrational, pathological hatred for Antoine. The box score says Walker took
4 shots from the 3-land. I recall at least one of them being a desperation
shot as the shot clock was expiring. The same reporter also said that
'Toine "must've been blocked a dozen time" last night, although the Raptors
only had 7 blocks, at least a couple of which were on Randy Brown and
someone else.

 I'm not a big fan of Walker's game, but to be fair, he was getting hit on
nearly every shot, and not getting many calls. It's hard to shoot well
under these circumstances. I would like him to pass more as well, but given
the play of some of his teammates, it's hard to blame him. Other than
Pierce, who shot 50%, the rest of his teammates shot 27.5% while Walker
shot 42% and still had 5 assists. Moiso managed to blow a wide-open dunk
and just looked with those abused-poodle eyes of his. It's just sad - so
much physical ability, but no clue and, worse yet, no intensity.
Kestas