Pitino vs. the players

The Boston Sports Guy posted this excerpt from a column in the San Francisco
Chronicle. I love BSG's stuff and he knows his NBA, but his hammering of
Pitino and seeming absolution of the players on this team is representative
of a lot of the opinions on this list, and puzzling to me. Read the
following item and tell me those are the kinds of players you want on this
team:

In an alarming development for a coach, the Celtics had tuned out Pitino. At
the close of Boston's loss to Golden State, a Warriors player said to one of
the Celtics' players, "You just quit on Pitino." The Celtic responded, "It's
the fastest way to get him out of here."

I don't care how much you dislike your coach, to blatantly quit on him (it
amounts to throwing games), is inexcusable. Get rid of all of them. Every
last one.

Mark