Re: Walker

"I am. . . Anonymous" wrote:

> ok, now pay attention Boobirds

First of all, I believe that if you track my history of posts to this
list, you could never say that I have had a "negative" attitude about
the Celtics.

> cuz I'm going to lay
> into you folks thick.  The guy has a subpar game and
> immediately you folks rip into him.

No, I have been down on Walker for a long time.  When he goes on these
rebounding streaks he inspires a vision of the player he could be.  But,
the bottom line seems to be (as I posted the other night) he is a
selfish ball player who does not pass out of even a triple team for the
open shot.  He takes way too many threes.  Yes, he is versatile and has
great upside potential.  But it will not be realized until he grows up.
Maybe he can have an epiphany like Webber did and become a complete ball
player. But I have seen him in Charlotte and on tv this year, and he
still is a selfish player who argues with the referees.  (He would
rather do that than get back on defense.)  I am not down on his talent.
I am down on his immaturity, poor shot selection, argumentativeness with
officials, and poor defense.  Many of the same things can be said of
Pierce.

> This kid has
> obviously shown that is he sensitive to what is
> written and said about him and "reporters" like Peter
> May write crap and drunken fools boo him every time he
> misses a shot in home court!  The fact is, there is
> only one person on the Celtics who has both the
> ability to command double-teams (Walker and Pierce)
> and the willingness to pass out of it in most
> situations(just Toine).  Look at how much he's
> improved.  Walker shoots too much, he gets fat during
> the summer, too many turnovers, can't hit free throws,
> blah blah blah.  Yet he has improved his
> shot-selection, turns the ball less, shoots the 3 at a
> higher percentage, showed up in reasonable shape this
> season with improved game, and has an equal chance of
> leading the team in points, assists, and rebounds.
>
> The problem, folks, isn't Walker.  It's the
> surrounding talent, Pitino's college methods, and the
> fans in Boston who don't support the team and can't
> fill up the fleetcenter with anything but drunken
> half-witted boobirds.

Yeah, it is all the fans fault, nothing to do with the players.  The
players are the problem.  Pitino failed as a GM, not as a coach.