Re: Pitino (well, what else would it be?)

A couple more thoughts on Pitino:

He never got the point guard he needed. Wesley was not it. Neither was
Billups. Then he made the same mistake several others made by thinking Kenny
was the man. Maybe his successor will get one.

The "Press" (also known by many other unflattering terms on this list) is
often blamed for so many of our woes and often sighted as the reason Pitino
should have stayed in college. Does anyone know how many minutes per game the
C's actually use the press? I watch every game on Direct TV and I'd say that
the average is probably around 5 minutes. Sometimes it's effective, sometimes
a mixed bag, and sometimes a disaster. In itself it's a very small part of
the problem.

The perfect interim coach for this crew would have been M.L. "Ping-Pong
Balls" Carr.
Was Palacio released because his game winning shot hurt out lottery position?
At least no one else has that to worry about.

While I'm disgusted with this season I'm still hopeful that next year's team
will be better with a healthy Herren, the addition of Sesar, a more prepared
Moiso, and our picks or whatever we get for them. Hold on to the Boston pick
but if need be use the others to round out a trade.

George