Question

Why would any decent GM come to this team, right now?

The team is in total confusion, the ownership is in question.  There is no way you could hire quality management in this climate.  Agreed?  This is why I didn't want this day to come until the end of the season, and preferably coinciding with the sale of the club.  I guess I know that was just a little too perfect to really happen, though

You guys are right.  Whoever takes over as coach is of very little importance compared to who takes over as GM.  Coaches can be changed, a GM's moves are with you long after they're gone.  What options are there for the rest of the year?  Does Chris Wallace stay on?  Probably, but isn't he a lame duck, with no real authority to make meaningful moves?  Would Gaston bring in his pal ML to see if he can tank it right this time?

Jim