Re: Interim Coach

Well clearly the barking coach did not work. I honestly thought at the beginning
that Pitino was a great choice (and better than Brown). For whatever reason it
has not worked. Maybe the next guy should be a KC Jones - type that will stand
back and let the players work the show. Someone who has been to the promised
land and has the players' respect. I mean for all of the money players now have
they only thing that a coach can say to them that might have an effect is look
what I am wearing on my finger. Want one? Well, here is what you have to do.
After Fitch, KC was the perfect guy. Obviously, any former Celtic has a ring and
should have the respect. The Duck? Well, maybe he is happy in NY. Could he be
coaching. It was always the assistant that was next in line. KC, Rogers, Ford.
DJ was next in line when ML was caoching and Rick came along and cleared house,
so now you'd have to start again. Fans and players I would imagine like to see
continuity and structure in a franchise and would want to see a next coach as
someone they already know as oopsed to bringing in strangers.

Interesting on tonight's game, that Cooz (boy, I miss his insights) said that
without an effective inside presence and relying on a outside game, the C's may
not win another game this season. Ouch! I wonder if Fortson might have been that
inside presence and a difference make this season. Oh well, we will never know.
Finally, did anyone watch at the end when PP came out he hugged Rick like it was
the last straw and then later Pitino was shown with watery eyes as the clock
ticked down. Maybe the end is nearer than we thought