Re: [Celtic_Pride] Re: Cecil is a duck hunter?

Title: Re: [Celtic_Pride] Re: Cecil is a duck hunter?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jim Metz" <JBMetzEA@AOL.com>
To: "Celtics Pride" <Celtic_Pride@egroups.com>; "Celtics @ igtc.com"
<Celtics@igtc.com>
Sent: Saturday, January 06, 2001 11:11 AM
Subject: Cecil is a duck hunter?

> The player who played with both Russell and Bird? Must be Don Cheaney?
> Hasn't he had enough chances as a coach?
> On the other hand, has Havlicek ever thought of coaching? Now there is
> someone I could get behind.
> JB
> --

Yeah I guess he has had enough chances.  Afterall, he has only been a former
NBA Coach of the Year.  It's no small coincidence that the Knicks have been
leading the league in defense since he was handed that assignment.

No, I agree.  Let's hand the job to someone who has no experience.  There
would never be any boobirds then :-)

Cecil
   A bit sarcastic are we Cecil? LOL I thought I should at least get some points for knowing the answer to your question. I don't remember Cheaney being coach of the year, but I do remember him failing two or three times.
   There really is a patern of ex-players moving up as assistants or even failed coaces to become successful.
   Larry Brown, George Karl and Paul Silas all pretty much fit that definition. All three of these took over desperate franchises at about the same time as Pitino and have had them winning.
   If Bird doesn't come to town, perhaps this is the type of coach to look for. I always thought Mike Fratello(I know he never played in the NBA) was a good coach. His teams in Cleveland were boring, but he seemed to get the most out of them and they played some defense.He had a different type of team in Atlanta and that team ran and scored.
   Honestly though; wouldn't you like to see Havlicek coach?
JB

Unchain My Heart!