Golden State Radio Announcers

Having just relocated to the bay area I caught the tail-end of last night's
game on the local radio affiliate (I had to find out what it was first). The
GS announcers (who as far as I know have no axe to grind) had some
interesting post-game comments.

One was the Celtics seemed to 'forget' about Pierce in the 4th quarter.

The other comments concerned our favorite veteran all-star, Antoine (it
annoys me to no end that they pronounce Jamison's name the same way despite
the fact that it is spelled AntAWN). Regarding Walker, they agreed that he
didn't make his teammates better. In fact, they thought his play at times
made it HARDER for his teammates to stay in the flow of the game, making
reference to a few instances in the 4th when Walker would get the defensive
board, dribble the length of the court and then call an isolation play for
himself. They also called Walker one-dimensional, by which I guess they were
referring to his selfish attitude rather than his physical abilities, and
noted that for the number of times he handled the ball he should have had a
LOT more assists. They thought he would be a far better player if he were on
a team with a couple veteran players (not necessarily all-stars but PLAYERS)
who could slap him down and allow him to develop a more team-oriented game
rather than constantly being the focus of offense and the oppositions
defense.

Although these comments may be taken as impressionistic given how
infrequently these announcers view the Celts, I thought they were fairly on
target and was particularly impressed by the perspicuity displayed in their
ability to see through the gaudy numbers and identify Walker as
one-dimensional - that one dimension being 'me first'.

TomM