Re: [Celtic_Pride] Peter May's Letter to Pitino

Hi Cecil - it's not about loving or hating the ho-hum, Toine-bashing Peter May.

Regardless of where fault lies (and it does get spread around), there is no
salvaging RP as a coach with the Celtics. The damage has been done, the
animosity irreversable.  It is a business, and the fans don't want to watch
this guy on the sidelines.  Maybe he's just a lightning rod for the
disappointment and frustration we experience with this version of the
Celtics, but fair or not, the guy has to go, and soon.  Maybe Toine or
Pierce will end up going, as well - we need some kind of fresh start.

Swift will be an super player, which is why no way is Vancouver going to
deal him unless, perhaps, they are sure of landing Yao Ming or Eddie
Griffin. They already turned down a bunch of our players for Bibby -
really, I'm not sure Anderson is attractive to anybody right now.  Our
picks, and Toine & Pierce are the movable pieces, with perhaps V as a 2nd
tier center.

Speaking of which, in last night's game, V was open probably 10 times right
under the basket and didn't get the ball (mostly ignored by Kenny and
Toine).  Are they that afraid to pass to him? Yes, he has hands of cement,
but some of those could have been converted with a soft pass.

Nice to see Cowens on the sidelines. He has some nice young players in
Hughes, Jamison, and Marc Jackson. Chris Porter was a lucky addition - a
big-name prospect who slid way down the draft due to a poor senior year
(and on the BSGs all-'fro team, I'm sure).  It's fun to see the western
conf. teams (I don't have the league pass) - I get tired of seeing the
Knicks, etc. all the time.

  --Ellie