Hubris

norine@together.net writes:

>  I sincerely believe Rick doesn't have a clue.  What he's always done in
> college isn't working and he just doesn't know why.  He clearly isn't a
happy
> man, you can see it on his face.  He'll never understand, or admit,
probably
> even to himself, that he's the biggest problem.

   And in a way it's very sad, seeing this guy, who has succeeded wherever he
went, attain the pinnacle of his profession - Coach and GM of the most
storied pro team of them all - hit the wall with a thud.  Like I said, many
on this list thought he would Do The Job, and lordy, did we want him to!
Maybe his ego will survive this intact.  Maybe he'll find someone else to
blame.  But it's like seeing a boxer lose his first fight after 30 wins.
Somehow something gets taken out of him and he's never the same again.  Will,
or might, Bird do better?  I dunno, but it's a new race, and I have yet to
place my bets.  But come post time, I'll put my money and hopes on the line
with someone else.