Re: Team???

----- Original Message -----
From: Alden Brosseau
To: Celtics@igtc.com
Sent: Wednesday, January 03, 2001 6:46 PM
Subject: Team???

There’s a new spelling for "pathetic" – C-e-l-t-i-c-s.

What kind of a "team" has only 11 assists in 48 minutes? A pathetic one.

In 8 other games last night, 16 NBA teams averaged over 21 assists. (Even the short-handed Hawks had 16.) Pierce, in 47 minutes could manage only 2. And our 3 point guards had a grand total of zero!

It’s enough to make this 50-year fan want to find a better way to spend his time.

I couldn't agree more. I've (only) been a C's fan since the mid-80s, and I can't stand this either. I can accept 3-5 non-playoff seasons, which is acceptable to rebuld after our glorius decade in the 80s, but this is getting too much. What is it, 8 seasons without playoffs now? I hardly feel like a "fairweather" fan after this lenghth of time. I'll never give up cheering for my beloved C's, but maybe the only way for a club to take drastistic measures is for fans to not turn up, switch off the set, or delete the WEEI webcast link from their bookmarks. I didn't even feel this low about the club during the 10 win season of 4 years ago.

Simon
Ulcerate - dark alternative project
http://mp3.com/ulcerate
http://ulcerate.webjump.com