Re: Re: Eric Montross Contract

>><I think ML Carr signed Montross to a 10 year 20
>>mil deal in 94/95, and it should expire in 2004/05. >
>>
>>Well. OK. Once you wrote M. L. in on this, you probably said it all. But, do you have
>>an actual source? A computer link? Newspaper archive source? (Grin). Oh well, forget
>>it. That was probably no more outlandish on its face-than any of the ensuing moves,
>>over time.  Thanks,
>>/J

I don't have any link or newspaper source but I remembered it well because it was
a "big thing" then, to sign a no.9 unproven pick to a 10 or 11 year contract. But
I guess, Montorss was worth the price the first 2 years. Now I think he is still
"value for money" for a-2-mi-l per-year-rare-to-find true 7 footer center (size
wise, not anything else)

what happened to him btw? Is his (voodoo)doll in somebody else's hands? I just
can't believe the way he is playing. I mean, he is big (can box/muscle Shaq-like
centers), can run (better than AC Earle), can rebound if he want.

I feel sad that Montross couldn't or wouldn't play up to his physical capabilities
that nature has given him.