Stats

 A while ago someone asked if Antoine Walker had more rebounds in wins than in losses.  You can check out those numbers at...

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/antoine_walker/season_splits.html?nav=TextNavBar
http://www.nba.com/playerfile/paul_pierce/season_splits.html?nav=TextNavBar

In short, our captains both have better shooting percentage, 3-pt. shooting percentage, free throw percentage, more assists, steals, blocks, points, and offensive, defensive and total rebounds in wins than in losses.  There is not one statistical category that either player is not better in wins.  Whatever the cause and effect, I think it's pretty safe to say that these two players need to produce for this team to win consistently.

Jim