Maverick game

For the first three quarters, we employed the chase'm, Pitino trapping
defense instead of the pack'm'in defense that worked so well for us in the
last couple of weeks. I just hate it. They looked for Nowiski and he killed
us. I don't know why you change something that works, regardless of who you
play. Tonight, they will pack it in because Duncan and Robinson. But watching
VP and someone trying to trap Finley at the 3 point line is ridiculous. We
have to put a stake in the Pitino defense, at least, with this group of
players... Pierce and Walker are the second highest scoring duo. I don't know
what Walker's stats were last night but I bet they were near a triple double
again. The problem is just that you only have one rebounder available when
you power forward is taking threes and VP and Blount are marginal rebounders.
Not the greatest mix between the 4 and 5 skills. This is why Mutombo would
have fit in so well...Obie went with Herren so long because of his supposed 3
pt shooting ability. However, it still hasn't proved it yet and panicked at
crunch time and went to the hole under pressure. They pulled him after that.I
do like the fact he will go to the hole and has pretty good court sense.
However, Palacio can get to anywhere on the court he wants to but just can't
finish under pressure. When he gets that down, he will be hard to move out of
the lineup....You got to like the fact that VP will mix it up. His confidence
is improving. Regardless, his upside is limited...I hate Najera. I hate Nash.
I would have like to see VP put a back-breaker on Nash...

DJessen33