Re: Payton?

>his first. He has to talk more than any player in the league who hasn't
>tasted the postseason.

Actually Payton talked a whole lot more than Antoine from day one, when he
was stinking it up for the first few years. Never stopped and everybody
hated him. Some guys need to talk to get there. Payton was one of them.
Lets hope Antoine gets there. You're right...he is playing better.

>The unrealistic point guard I was hoping the C's would make a play for was
>Jason Kidd, and I'd trade anyone on the roster--Walker and Pierce
>included--for him. He's the best point guard in the league, still young
>enough to have six or seven good years left, defends, thinks pass first,
>rebounds and makes everyone around him better. The Suns would be foolish to
>trade him, despite his recent legal problems.

The problem with this team is that if you traded Antoine or Pierce for
Jason Kidd you'd have the same team you have now. Two stars and a bunch of
stiffs and around .500 every year. I still think that if you trade one of
Walker/Pierce you have to upgrade two positions in order to help the
team...unless you could drug Mitch Kupchak and steal Shaq. I'm disappointed
they seemingly didn't try to move Pots, Battie, Anderson, Stith, etc.
But...maybe they did...who knows.

Paul M.