The pretend ALL Stars comments

> From ProJo:
> Boston Celtics' forward Antoine Walker is still trying to shake the
> image of a young kid who cares only about one thing: his stats (....)
> Pistons' guard Jerry Stackhouse, not a friend of Walker's, said: "He
> knows I don't like him. I don't like that shimmy after he does
> something. There are things on and off the court about him that I don't
> like, and he knows it."

I don't post often, but this gets me.  Who gives $#!+ what Jerry Stackhouse
thinks of Antione.  As a matter of fact, who cares what ANY player in the
leagues thinks about him (other than his own teamates.)  I don't want the
other teams to like him.  I want them to despise him.  I want them to hate
that shake.  I want Antione to come into a building and think to himself "We
are going to destroy you,  You have no one who can guard me, and I am going
to prove it."  I think he is the type of person who can use this as fuel to
drive him to excel.

A year ago I would not have said this.  His game was to immature, he simply
focused on stats, not winning.  I believe he has changed his MO in this
regard.  He is by no means all the way there, but is getting closer every
game.  I think the key with him will be "can he channel the slights he
receives (perceived and real) into ALL the facets of his game and just not
scoring?"  So far he seems to be doing this fairly well.

I hope Stackhouse, enjoys making those comments from his summer home, while
the Celtics are in the playoffs.

GO CELTS!
Adam