From: "David A Wickerham" <aw623@freenet.buffalo.edu>
To: "Bob George" <bgp76@pacbell.net>
Cc: <bostonceltics@yahoogroups.com>; "Celtic Pride"
<Celtic_Pride@yahoogroups.com>; "Celtics Mail List" <celtics@igtc.com>
Sent: Sunday, February 18, 2001 12:43 PM
Subject: Re: [bostonceltics] Oh yeah, oh yeah

> I can't agree with you on this one, Bob.  Its true that the 'Blazers were
> taking it easy in the 1st half, but they were playing playoff level
> basketball on the defensive end in the 2nd half.  For the most part, the
> Celtics matched the defensive intensity and that was the reason they hung
> in.
>
> It may not last, but there's no reason to consider this a tainted win.
>
> On Sun, 18 Feb 2001, Bob George wrote:
>
> > Not to be a killjoy, but last night's game looked more like Portland
stunk versus Boston doing great.  To shoot the way they did (Pierce was 4 of
14) and win at Portland is really something, but Portland came out flat and
didn't have Pippen in the lineup.

> > What worries me is that once the NBA wakes up and starts taking the
Celtics more seriously, the team's fortunes might change.  I don't think
Portland was at all up for last night's game.  Next time, they'll be ready.
Of course, next time this year would be the Finals!

> > The team still needs a stud center, and Antoine still is a bit
undisciplined out there.  But you gotta love a win at Portland!