Re: Man in the middle

Title: Re: Man in the middle
on 2/9/01 2:30 PM, Ryan Lee at rlee_at_channing@yahoo.com wrote:

Kenny
would be a great backup in Utah because they don't
play a running game and the offense is dictated by the
point guard.  He'd have plenty of people to pass to
like Malone, Russell, or Starks.
   I agree with most of what you said. I like Anderson a lot. He loves to play and it must hurt him much more than any of us, that his game is where it is right now. Injuries have certainly cut him down. On the other hand, at his age, how far back can he come?
   While we desperately need a ball handler/ distributor; Anderson may well be cooked.
   You mention Utah. They have an under utelized point guard there named Jacques Vaughn. Vaughn played with Pierce at Kansas and might be ready to take off, in the right system, if he got some real minutes.
   While I don't agree that Anderson doesn't have uptempo game, his injuries over the years have slowed him considerably and Utah might be a perfect fit; while Vaughn needs to run, something that won't happen with the Jazz.
   A trade would be tough, since Anderson makes so much money and Vaughn was signed for the exception(2.5 million I think), but if we took back perhaps Ostertag and sent Blount or Griffen with Kenny and the pick, who knows?
JB

--

Unchain My Heart!