Beating the Bucks!

Yeah!!   Great game, just a great game. I mean this is the Bucks, who
routinely slap the Cs silly! It was a gutsy win, a playoff-type game. And
the crowd was very into it and vocal. Aah, what fun to watch and cheer and
feel the love...

What the heck was Anderson doing in, esp. at the end?  Palacio deserved to
be there for many reasons - the biggest one being that it was a close game
and he is the Leprachaun!

Toine was terrific. He's showing so much more game maturity since RP left,
playing great team ball, and not being such a knucklehead. Speaking of RP,
the Holly Lama was on EEI with Dale Arnold last week and one thing he said
was that early on in the Pitino era, Pitino told the players that if they
bashed him publically they'd regret it for the rest of their careers.  What
a guy!  Man, am I glad he's outta here.

Pierce's free-throw shooting in the 4th was an ice job worthy of Larry
Bird, and his tie-up of Robinson (?) was a great defensive play - is he
smooth or what?

We need a shooter off the bench. What good is great ball movement if it
swings to someone in the corner who can't shoot?  Is Carr capable of being
the microwave (not from what I've seen)?  What will Obie do when Herren and
Battie return?  I'd like to see Anderson on the IR, but am torn between
Blount and Battie.  Well, I guess Moiso can go on the list, so we'd at
least have both the Bs on the bench.   Which makes me think of the Killer
Bees of the Red Sox a few years ago. It would be fun to have Blount &
Battie as the killer bees (shot-blockers).  They are also both capable of
playing well at PF (lineup of the Bs, Toine, Pierce, and a rotating
5th).  Have to keep V, as he still is the only true grunt on the team
(plus, he has a nice little jump shot).

Now I don't care about the lottery.  In our current position, we'd be
picking at the tail end, anyway. Let's get to the playoffs!   I'm hoping
for more of a freefall from Denver, so we can get a 5-10 pick from
them.  Time to pick up a point guard.

The Ron Borges article very refreshing - from the opening sentence it was
far and away better than anything May has dished up since he arrived from
Hartford.

The second half of the season is now a crap shoot. I wouldn't have given
them any chance at all before (that is a killer schedule), but now I'm
eagerly waiting for the games to start.   Anyone see any roster moves
before the trading deadline?  I would say not  (RP would have undoubtedly
given away a pick or two).

GO CELTS!!

  --Ellie