Re: Injury status report from the Herald's C-Notes.

Title: Re: Injury status report from the Herald's C-Notes.
on 2/7/01 5:51 AM, Hironaka at j.hironaka@unesco.org wrote:

With any luck, Boston will at full strength in time for the Dallas,
San Antonio or Seattle game. Also the Celts may need to make a decision
very soon on Milt Palacio versus Chris Herren. I'd like to see Herren
play, but Obie might not want to mess too much with team chemistry.

   Below is an injury status report from the Herald's C-Notes.  I'd
feel a lot more confident if the Celts had a healthy Randy Brown on
defense tonight...Cassell right now is too hot for a gimpy Anderson and
an inexperienced Palacio.
           *************

Yesterday the Herald quoted O'Brien as saying Brown could play if he wanted to withstand the pain. He could do no further damage to the knee. It was almost a challenge to the oft out Brown.

News is good for Brown
Celtics Notebook/by Mark Cofman
Tuesday, February 6, 2001
TORONTO - The Celtics breathed a collective sigh of relief yesterday after learning an MRI examination taken on Randy Brown's left knee revealed nothing more serious that a bone bruise. The status of the veteran point guard, who missed his third straight game last night, will remain day-to-day.
``It's just a matter of how he withstands pain because by playing he can't hurt it anymore,'' Celtics coach Jim O'Brien said before the Celtics' 110-98 loss to the Raptors at Air Canada Centre. ``Obviously, that's great news for us.''
Brown had been starting at the point in place of the injured Kenny Anderson until he hurt the knee in the closing seconds of last Wednesday's game at Indiana. Brown's injury forced Anderson back into the starting lineup, though the latter is still feeling the ill-effects of a sprained right ankle that had sidelined him for two weeks last month.
``It's up to Randy when he wants to play,'' said O'Brien. ``He has a high pain threshold, so I think if he can go and play at a level that can help us, he'll suit up and go (tomorrow night against Milwaukee). If he can't go, we'll just wait until after the All-Star break.''....................

JB
--

Unchain My Heart!