Injury status report from the Herald's C-Notes.

    With any luck, Boston will at full strength in time for the Dallas,
San Antonio or Seattle game. Also the Celts may need to make a decision
very soon on Milt Palacio versus Chris Herren. I'd like to see Herren
play, but Obie might not want to mess too much with team chemistry.

    Below is an injury status report from the Herald's C-Notes.  I'd
feel a lot more confident if the Celts had a healthy Randy Brown on
defense tonight...Cassell right now is too hot for a gimpy Anderson and
an inexperienced Palacio.

-----

-Randy Brown, who underwent an MRI examination on Monday that revealed
nothing more serious than a bone bruise, could be back in the lineup
tonight after a three-game absence. Brown's status will be a gametime
decision.

-Kenny Anderson survived 32 minutes of Monday's game (eight points, six
assists) without aggravating his sprained right ankle. After the game
Anderson said he could make basic cuts and move laterally for the first
time without experiencing sharp pain.

``I'm just hoping to get to the break without reinjuring this thing, and
then I'll have a few days to strengthen it up,'' he said.

-Chris Herren, who underwent right shoulder surgery in December, hopes
to be ready by the time the C's open their seven-game western swing
Tuesday in Vancouver. . . .

-Center Tony Battie, out since Dec. 30 with a severely sprained left
ankle, is shooting for a return toward the latter end of the trip in two
weeks.

-----