From: JB [mailto:JBMetzEA@Yahoo.com]
Sent: Friday, December 28, 2001 8:13 AM
To: Celtic's Stuff
Subject: [Celtics' Stuff FW:

----------
From: bird <birdwl@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2001 01:58:50 -0800
To: Celtics@igtc.com

> Josh O. scribed:

> We played
> > great D most of the game, rebounded real well, but the
> > fact that we couldn't capitalize energized the Suns in
> > the 4th.  Antoine had a terrible game, but other guys
> > need to step up.  We looked tired...and with Marion
> > doing a good job on Paul in the third quarter, before
> > Paul started to really force Marion's hand, we didn't
> > get any production at all.  And Pierce didn't help --
> > During that stretch Paul took some dumb, hard shots.

Though I certainly think I've posted enough regarding this game, in
re-reading this I just want to make clear that I can't disagree with any
of this.  We *didn't* get any production, Pierce *did* take some "dumb,
hard" shots, Walker had a lousy game, and all the rest ... refs
notwithstanding.  It's not about the refs.  The team lost the game.  And
this is about the clearest synopsis of the game you'll find.  It is
precisely about the team not being able to capitalize.  I'm not quite on
the suicide watch many people were on after losing just one game, even
after losing two, but the C's need to beat the Clips in a big way.

I also really liked the way the team handled the last shot.  It didn't go,
 but it was a really good look, with one of our go-to guys taking it, what
more can you want?  (Let it go, just let it go).  I also liked the look on
Tony Battie's face as he gave Pierce the obligatory sportsman's hug after
missing the possible winning shot.  A look that said, "you'll get plenty
more chances, my son, and they *will* go in", not to mention Pierce's
smile coming out of that last timeout.  I swear, I'd have bet my life
savings had someone offered to wager after seeing that look.  I truly
think Pierce expected, nay, *knew* he was going to make that shot.  I love
that confidence.  I love rooting for this never-say-die team.  You can't
count these guys out.  Some just aren't going to go your way.

Bird

P.S. Once again, though, T. and Kenny deserve special mention.  What is
the deal with Kenny Anderson, anyway?  Rebounding, making passes, hitting
jump shots ... who *is* this guy?  Pierce had another "quiet" 33 points.
Can you imagine how it's gonna be when these guys learn how to close out a
game?  *Mmmmmm, multiple rounds in the playoffs, mmmmmm*.  Not bad for a
"mediocre" team that sucks.  Notice a few familiar faces not posting much
anymore?  Shocking... .

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=215002.1818248.3328688.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=17050671
05:HM/A=847665/R=0/*http://ads.x10.com/?bHlhaG9vbW9uc3RlcjcuZGF0=1009545114%
3eM=215002.1818248.3328688.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=1705067105:HM/A=847665/R=1>

<http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=215002.1818248.3328688.1261774/D=egroupmai
l/S=1705067105:HM/A=847665/rand=553494509>