RE:

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-celtics@igtc.com [mailto:owner-celtics@igtc.com] On Behalf
Of bird
Sent: Friday, December 28, 2001 4:59 AM
To: Celtics@igtc.com

I also really liked the way the team handled the last shot.  It didn't
go,
  but it was a really good look, with one of our go-to guys taking it,
what
more can you want?  (Let it go, just let it go).  I also liked the look
on
Tony Battie's face as he gave Pierce the obligatory sportsman's hug
after
missing the possible winning shot.  A look that said, "you'll get plenty

more chances, my son, and they *will* go in", not to mention Pierce's
smile coming out of that last timeout.  I swear, I'd have bet my life
savings had someone offered to wager after seeing that look.  I truly
think Pierce expected, nay, *knew* he was going to make that shot.  I
love
that confidence.  I love rooting for this never-say-die team.  You can't

count these guys out.  Some just aren't going to go your way.

Bird

I was going to mention the same thing. I saw Paul's smile coming out of
that timeout and knew this was a different time, they weren't stunned
that Phoenix had just hit a prayer shot to take the lead, Paul knew he
was gonna get his crack at it. That's something I haven't really seen in
a Celtics since The Man was playing.

Also encouraging to have a Kedrick Brown sighting...