re: Malone cheap shot on Strickland

>  From: Jim Hill <jahill@leasingservice.com>
>
> I seriously doubt any current Celtic teammate would want Strickland to get
> hurt.  I thought it was a typical cheap shot from Malone. The second game
> for an out of conference team, at home. What a "man".  Hard to blame
> Martin
> in NJ for hitting back the other night.

I don't know about that.  I myself found Rod Thorn's comment to be the
really offensive part in this whole equation.  Martin's shot was
uncalled-for.  Easy to blame him, and correct, too.

The pick on Strickland was a good pick and one of the C's has the
responsibility for giving Strick the heads-up.  There's nothing quite like
being hung out to dry like that.  I can understand Erick's frustration.

I say "a good pick" except for one thing: Malone had his arms crossed in
front of his torso as he set the pick.  If you're going to set a pick in
the backcourt at the end of a game, you could have enough guts to stand
there without flexing your immense biceps.  It's called "sacrificing the
body" or "taking one for the team" for a reason.  In fact, in many leagues,
  that's a defensive foul.  I say that because Malone essentially placed
his fists in the position Strick's head was likely to impact.  Not
necessary.

Bird